My top 10 hints and tips…
- Pre-book your attraction tickets and/or city pass!
– getting to the Notre Dame Cathedral and not being able to go up the tower is a bit of a disappointment.
- Get ‘skip the queue’ tickets wherever possible!
– if you’re only there for a weekend, why waste hours queuing?!
- Getting your caricature done is so not worth the money!
– if you do, make sure you know the price before the artist proceeds.
- Go see the Eiffel Tower twinkle at night!
– this happened spontaneously, and I’m so glad it did.
- Most people will speak to you in English!
– I guess I must look English…!?
- It’s still good to know a little French!
– Parlez-vous anglais?/do you speak English? does not count when trying to navigate the metro system!…Besides, they appreciate the effort!
- Use public transport!
– it may look close together on the map, but it is not!
- Make sure you bag is closed properly!
– getting lousy on the security of your items, in any city, is just silly.
- Street food is amazing!
– you can eat and walk, getting more of your time…and that paella being served by the Eiffel Tower tastes as good as it smells!
- You won’t get 5 minutes peace!
– men seem to flock towards you…they must like English women, either that or we’re known to be floozies!…I hope its not the latter!!